Sunday, September 14, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 14: Flowers aka Breezy Cherry Blossoms

Hi loves! I'm not going to take up too much of your time today as it is Sunday and who wants to spend their Sunday morning reading a silly intro! Let’s get straight to the #31DC2014 funsicles shall we?




Day 14: Flowers

I was quite excited about today's prompt! I love floral nail art as it always looks classy and is very versatile. There are so many techniques you can try. Ranging from dots for roses to intricate free hand designs. I decided to go with one of my very favorite types of flower for this mani after some spurring from my fiance and this SUPER easy tutorial from Robin Moses. *bows head down to the Youtube nail art Master* I give you cherry blossoms!




I started out by laying down 2 coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White on all my nails. When this was dry I took my dusty old nail art fan brush and Tip Top Nail Chic Cha Cha Cha and made light sweeps over the nails from the one corner. Using the same brush and OPI Fly, I just repeated the process to make it look slightly more streaky. Then for a final time I went in again with Tip Top Nail Chic Cha Cha Cha and the fan brush and added a few last streaky sweeps. To make the little branches, I used WOW Nail Polish striping polish. Lastly for the flowers I used my trusty small nail art brush and Sinful Colors Folly and made irregular shaped blobs going from big to small all along my branches and a few random ones here in there.






You guys! I am so HAPPY with this! Seriously! I'm actually planning on doing this again month end for our annual family reunion weekend. Who wouldn't be happy when they're sporting some pretty cherry blossoms on their nails?! Also, please go check out Robin Moses on Youtube. AMAZING is an understatement.

Lots of mad love...


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love how you've used a blue background splash colour! It really pops!

    ReplyDelete