Saturday, September 13, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 13: Animal Print aka Hides Head In Shame...

Whas happenin’ smexy people! It is a GORGEOUS Saturday here in sunny Pretoria and man, I wish the pool was a little bit warmer! My summer time sadness is almost OVER! Whoooo! But for now let’s get back to the reason why you are actually here: The 31 Day Challenge. And today we have animal print so let’s do dis ting!




Day 13: Animal Print

The idea of the #31DC2014 is to, well, challenge yourself right? And that is exactly what I tried to do here. Challenge myself to something different from the conventional leopard or zebra print mani. In hindsight, I should’ve just stuck to that because EPIC FAIL! But quite a bit of effort went into this mish mash of a mani so I didn’t want it to go wasted so let’s take a look at my utterly sad attempt at an Abalone Shell mani...I do apologise in advance.



SOURCE




I started out by laying down 2 coats of China Glaze Spontaneous on all my nails. I then made random blobs with China Glaze Grape Pop, China Glaze Spontaneous, China Glaze Starboard, Sinful Colors Bali Mist and Sinful Colors Endless Blue all over my nails and blotched them up using the saran wrap method. When this was dry, I used my thin nail art brush and WOW Nail Polish #393 and made random swirly patterns over the nails. Then I took a little bit of Avon Star and the gold polish from Tip Top Go For Gold duo set and mixed it together and just lightly dotted it over the nails with my thin nail art brush. Lastly, I took the tiniest bit of Essence Miss Universe and just touched here and there on each nail with a thin nail art brush. I didn’t add any topcoat as I kind of wanted to keep the uneven look as the shell isn’t perfectly smooth.






The overall mani I like! I really do! But it doesn’t look anything like the shell or like it did in my head! *EEEEEEEGH!!!!* I has a sad...but I did try so that makes me feel a little better. And the next time I try it I will definitely know what to do differently. So to future successes!

Lots of mad love...

 

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't look like the shellfish but it is still quite kwaai I'd say! Like funky oil spill

    ReplyDelete