Thursday, July 31, 2014

Nail Candi Review: Manicure Jewellery

Hi there lovelies! Do you know how daunting a feeling it is when you check the calendar and realize it is 31 July already? Where the hell did the year go?! I’ll be honest though, I’m not complaining too much...it only means winter is going to see her butt one of these days and that is A-okay in my book! Be gone, you crazy drying static-fueled cow! BE GONE!


Source
 
A little while ago I received the cutest little package from Nail Candi, a company who is fairly new to me (because I sleep under a rock apparently) with some gorgeous nail art pieces inside. The first thing that grabbed my attention was these little letter T jewels and I just knew I wanted to play with them ASAP! So here is what I came up with.





I started by laying down a base of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. When this was dry, I made a water marble pattern using Tip Top Nail Chic Hap-Pea and Tip Top Nail Chic Pot-O-Berries. I then added a layer of topcoat and waited for it to dry properly. To add the nail jewel, I laid down a little nail glue to the back of the jewel and quickly placed it down on my middle finger.






I really love the look of this little jewel. It gives that extra bit of pop to any mani, whether it’s a plain one or an artsy one. It also didn’t feel too awkward and after a while I kinda forgot it was there...unless I worked with my hair. The arms of the “T” isn’t curved so they tended to catch in my hair but mostly because I have curly hair and wear a crap load of mousse! However, that is the only down side to it. It stayed on my nail securely for 2 days and it probably would’ve lasted longer if I didn’t take it off myself!

The letter jewels are a special edition and is not shown on Nail Candi's website but can be ordered from Nail Candi directly via email. You can also follow them via the following social media sites for news on special editions, sales and all other things filled with pure awesomeness: 




 
Please go have a look at their site. They have the most amazing nail jewellery available ranging from manicure jewels to midi rings. Also...I’m adding the Pegasus and skulls manicure jewels to my Must Have List. They’re freaking awesome! *nudge nudge wink wink*

Lots of mad love...

 

3 comments:

  1. The marble queen strikes again. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just wanted to show off your fancy water marbling skills again, Thea. I see your colours. :P

    Amazing, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome water marble! Now I wanna marble again too :)

    ReplyDelete