Wednesday, January 8, 2014

First Post for 2014...featuring Christmas 2013.

Hi lovelies! How are you guys?? I have genuinely missed everybody but for the past few weeks it has been absolute holiday chaos here at home so the blog just never got time! It sucks though because I had so many ideas and things that I wanted to post but now they're all going to have to wait for the end of this year. It's okay though. I am psyched for 2014! I have some things I want to start doing more regularly on the blog this year. There is also definitely going to be more swatching taking place because I am busy with a swatching project at the moment but we'll get more into that once I start posting my swatches.

For today's post I decided to post my mani's I did over the Christmas season. Yes, they are all festive and I am sure most of you guys are actually enjoying the break from all the Christmas mani's that we get flooded with over Decembers but just think of them as that “Marked Down” table in the entrance of Supermarkets. Sure, all the mince pie boxes look old and unwanted and the Lindt Chocolate Santa's head has been squished in from all the handling he has been through but damn it, I am going to enjoy my 50% marked down Woolworths shortbread! Even if the outside looks wonky, the inside means well and they still taste damn good!

So, now that I have finished guilting you guys into enjoying some more Christmas goodies, let's get on with it shall we!

My mom made these adorable little cards for our gifts and I thought it might make a nice idea for a mani!




For this mani I used Nubar Greener, Nubar Reclaim, Zoya Chyna, China Glaze Starboard, China Glaze Spontaneous, OPI A Oui Bit Of Red, Tip Top Nail Chic Solar Flare and Tip Top Nail Chic Grape To Meet You.






My next mani was inspired by THIS awesome post I saw in 2012 on Manicurator. After realising I SUCK at making Christmas trees on my nails though, I decided to change it up a little bit. For this mani I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Nubar Competition Red, Nubar Greener and Nicole by OPI Rainbow In The S-Kylie.






Last but not least, I saw this awesome idea to stamp over watermarbling on Facebook somewhere. For the life of me though, I can not find the original creator of the idea anywhere so if anybody can help me, that would be great! For this mani I used Bundle Monster plate BM-323, Essence White Stampy Polish, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, China Glaze Grape Pop, Nubar Competition Red and Opi Jade Is The New Black.






In general, I loved all these mani's. I was the proudest of the watermarble mani though. Even though the stamping isn't perfect, I think it is a great idea and and I am definitely going to try it again!

If you would like me to swatch any of the colors you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige! 

Lots of mad love...


6 comments:

  1. The watermarble mani is GORGEOUS!! oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaaah, I might be busy over killing this technique but it's fun! Lol
      Thank you though M! xxx

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh how stunning are these!!! Such a pity we missed them in December BUT I love me some marked down specials!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marked down specials are the best! I swear, bosses should give bonuses in January just for that! Lol
      Thank you bok!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the stamping over watermarbling! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweety! You MUST do one with your awesome plates! Will be killer!

      Delete