Tuesday, September 10, 2013

#MTVnailChallenge: Red & Polka Dots

Hi there lovelies! I'm not going to say a lot today as I am very excited to get into today's post! So let's get to it!

Myself, Michelle from Ordinary Misfit and Voni from For The Love Of Nail Art decided a little while ago we wanted to do a challenge together. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to tackle the #31DC2013, so we decided to create our own little version of that called “The M.T.V. Short Nail Art Challenge” or #MTVnailChallenge (M for Michelle, T for Thea and V for Voni)




As you can see, we basically took the first 2 sections of the 31 Day Challenge and combined them to make this shorter challenge. We will be posting every Tuesday and Thursday for the next few weeks so stick around, take a look at all the weird/awesome/amazing things we come up with and if you want to, join in with the the hashtag  #MTVnailChallenge!

1. Red & Polka Dots:

Nail Polishes used:

  • WOW Nail Polish #393
  • China Glaze Grape Pop
  • Nubar Competition Red

Tools Used:

  • Dotting Tools (Large and Medium ended)





I started out by laying down 2 coats of WOW Nail Polish #393. When this was dry, I made random dots with the large end of my dotting tool, switching between China Glaze Grape Pop and Nubar Competition Red on each finger. When the dots were dry I then just switched the colors around on each finger, making smaller dots inside my large dots (Dot-ception!).










I really like how this came out! It kind of reminded me of an octopus's skin...please don't ask me why because I have no idea! I blame my allergy medicine...

Remember to go check out Ordinary Misfit and For The Love Of Nail Art for their awesome take's on today's theme!


If you would like me to swatch any of the colours you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige!

Lots of mad love...


10 comments:

  1. I smaak it!!!! Looks like alien planet nails! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heee! Aliens! Best way to describe it! Thank you sweety! :D

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh I LOVE this!! I love the colour combinations too. loooooovvveeee
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest! Yeeehaa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you M! :D I also think the purple and red goes very nicely together! Can't wait to see what other awesomeness you and V come up with! *hi-5*

      Delete
  3. Dit is baie nice Koos. Ek like dit stukkend.
    A
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Heee, fan girling slightly because I love your blog!

      Delete