Thursday, September 19, 2013

#MTVnailChallenge: 4. Green & Flowers

Hello there lovelies! Is anyone else also having such awesome weather at the moment? It is cloudy but very warm here in Pretoria and man, I wish it would just rain! I really, REALLY like rain! The sound, the smell, the feel...it's awesome!

Anyhoo, nails to show and a #MTVnailChallenge to keep up with!

4. Green & Flowers

I would be lying if I say this was an easy topic! Okay, it was an easy topic but I really struggled
with ideas for some reason. I'm not a big flower person but I love green so I badly wanted to nail this topic! This was my third and easiest attempt but I'm genuinely happy with the results!


Nail Polishes used:

  • WOW Nail Polish #393
  • China Glaze Starboard
  • OPI Fresh Frog Of Bel Air

Tools/Other Used:


  • Dotting Tool
  • Silver Studs



I started by laying down 2 thickish coats of China Glaze Starboard on my thumb, middle and ring finger and 2 coats of  WOW Nail Polish #393 on my pinky and index finger. When this was dry, I went in with my dotting tool and WOW Nail Polish #393 and made easy little flower shapes on my ring, middle and thumb nail. In the middle of the flowers I just put a small blob of clear thickish nail polish and placed the studs into place. Too round everything off, I added a coat of OPI Fresh Frog Of Bel Air on my index finger and pinky.






Like I said, I was quite chuffed with the results! It feels very “me”. Plus I got to add studs! STUDS! So yes, I struggled quite a bit but it was worth it. Oh, and random much, but how awesome is OPI Fresh Frog Of Bel Air's name??




Please remember to go check out all the other lovely ladies who are taking part. They are working their butts off and it will totally be worth your time:

Ordinary Misfit

For The Love Of Nail Art

Mama Zombie Mumbles

Polished Tickles & Beauty

Passion For Polish


If you would like me to swatch any of the colours you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige!

Lots of mad love...


12 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS, so clever to use the studs as the middle of the flowers. Makes it grungy-chic! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaaah, you said grunge! I think I love you right now! Lol Thank you sweety!

      Delete
  2. I like this! It's like punk rocker style! So smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm so happy it came off that way! I love me some rock and as long as this doesn't look girly, I am stoked! Thanx V!

      Delete
  3. Can I just say, firstly, that those greens are gorgeous!!!!!! Secondly, you are the flower queen!! I spent almost a whole day trying to make little flowers like that and do you know how many I got? Do you? NONE!!! That's how many. Your flowers are perfect and I LOVE the little studs in the middle.

    Also, Fresh Frog of Bel-air. I love that name! and twinsies!! Thanks to you I have it too!!! :P

    I love this. Love love love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao nonsense! Steady hand, lots of patience and a few choice words when you stuff up and you are sorted! ;D

      Haaah, high 5's for twinsies! I forgot I got that for you!

      Thank you M!

      Delete
  4. This is really beautiful!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute, I love the studs in the middles! Very cool :-) I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, I hope you accept and you can see the post here: http://paintedfingertips.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/blog-awards-liebster-award-and-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwe, thank you so much for the nomination sweety! Really! It means a lot to me!

      Delete
  6. omgosh! i love this, the flower nails are so cute!

    x

    ReplyDelete