Wednesday, August 14, 2013

FB Page Profile Picture: Take 1 - Abstract Flowers

Hi there lovelies! How is everyone? I'm not too bad, just developing flu. Nothing unique, I know! It happens to almost everybody every winter. It's just that I have been bragging all season long that I didn't get sick this winter! Frakking A! And I was almost there! Winter is almost finished and it would've been a WIN for me! ...But no. No tiger blood Charlie Sheen winning for me. Murphy is a cruel mistress, I'm getting the flu and David Tennant is still gorgeous. Balance has been restored, I guess?!

Anyhoo...

As most of you have probably seen, there is a really bland profile picture on my Facebook page. I absolutely dig my banner! It's very cute, even if I have to say so myself! The profile picture? Nah, it's just boring! I honestly had no idea what to put there! So I just took a picture of glitter polishes at an artsy angle. It's mediocre, I know. I'm sorry!...But then a friend gave me an idea a few weeks ago. Why don't I just take the color scheme of my banner and do nail art with it? Dark red's, plums, purple and black over a white base! And nail art I can do! *high five*

Nail Polishes used:
  • Sinful Colors Snow Me White
  • WOW Nail Polish #393
  • Tip Top Nail Chic Crushed Grapes
  • OPI A Oui Bit of Red

Tools Used:
  • Small thin nail art brush
  • Dotting tool








I started out by laying down two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. When this was dry I made random cross patterns on my nails with OPI A Oui Bit of Red, using the polish bottle's own brush. I then went in and added little random swipes of Tip Top Nail Chic Crushed Grapes between the gaps of the crosses with my thin nail art brush. To finish the flowers off, I took a dotting tool and added a few dots to the centre of my little flowery creations. It didn't look flowery enough for me though so I took some Sinful Colors Snow Me White and on the “petals” of the flowers I made a few swipes with my nail art brush.






I also added a little star flower on each nail by making crosses with OPI A Oui Bit of Red and Tip Top Nail Chic Crushed Grapes and the nail art brush. I then just finished them off by adding a dot in the middle with my dotting tool.




This mani isn't perfect but I really liked how it came out. Almost like abstract flowers! When I added my topcoat, it caused a bit of dragging on some of the nails but I actually didn't mind! It added a bit to the whole “abstract” look. Also, I realised I NEED to do a swatch post on OPI A Oui Bit of Red. It is such a sexy color! SEXY! Rarw!




So this is my first take on a profile picture for my Facebook page. I think I'm going to do a few of these over the next few months because I need to keep my page looking “fresh”! ...And I really like the combination of the colors! Two birds, one stone right! *Disclaimer: No birds were harmed in the making of this post. No birds will be harmed in future posts. Vote Madness Nails for president!*

If you would like me to swatch any of the colours you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige!

Lots of mad love


10 comments:

  1. *gasp* Oh my giddy aunt. I LOVE this!!!!!! love love love love love. Dude. Speechless. In awe. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! It does look like some pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! It came out better than I expected so that's a good thing! Lol

      Delete
  3. This mani is very BAM! I love it. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaaa, I love that expression! Reminds me of Woody Harrelson n Crazy Stupid Love! Lol Thank you though! By the way...I might just be fan girling a lil bit at the moment, between you and me! :D

      Delete